Blabbing away since 2012

Friday, March 21, 2014

The Best Life Ever (The Background Song)



As I talked to my friends, I was happy to find out that I am not the only one who wants to hear the original and full version of the background song in the new short video "The Best Life Ever."

I was able to discern a few of the lyrics by listening with headphones.
I'm not sure if a complete version of this song exists. If there is one, I hope it will appear on the website for download one day.

In the meantime, this is something pieced together from the song excerpts I could discern. Obviously, I took a little creative license with it and performed it with my own style. Also, my recording equipment isn't as good as Patterson's. ;) :)




I tried my best to follow the spirit of what the video and the lyrical excerpts had when putting it together.
For you songwriters or performers out there that have better voices and instrumental skills than I do, here are a rough idea of the chords and the lyrics I used in case you'd like to play this song yourself for a gathering or something. Hope you can make a variant of it yourself and give it your own style.

C
So many good things left to be done
F
So many lost hearts that need to be won
                    G     F
Look what I found
                    G                        F
A truth that changes lives around

And I will help you climb
If you join me in this work of love
I'll be a friend to help you up when you're down
Brother, I will show you how
                          
This is the best life ever (x2)

There will be hard times we may have to face
You may wonder, "what am i doing in this place?
But love sees the best in what there is to see
And you will feel the love of our worldwide family

And unlike other endeavors
Where joy changes to sadness with the weather
I know this will last forever
Come with me my friend

This is the best life ever

I hope you like it.

29 comments:

  1. Possibly a jw.org soundtrack coming soon? Loved that video, love the song, looking forward to more to come.Thanks for putting the song together and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great...kingdom songs acoustic style! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! Love this song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Was this a JW original song? I also couldn't find it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. It was a little song I put together based on the original, but not the original. Hope the real one gets released one day. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for putting the effort in this. Some of the words I thought I heard are different than yours. I like yours and want to teach the kids in the hall for a going away gathering. Nice work brother

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I really love that song, I wanted the lyrics from the first time I saw the video. You did a great job! Maybe we will be getting an official version from jw.org? ??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fell inlove the first time I heard this song :-) thank you bro. For your effort :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this. Awesome effort. I will share the lyrics to all my friends in our congregation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!, it's a really great song :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a great cover, thank you brother.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a great cover, thank you brother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joseph! I like your version very much...I am serving with my husband in the North of Argentina und have used your music for a little video. I hope thats ok for you... http://vimeo.com/102765189.
    Thank you also for the chords! Warm greetings from Argentina, mema

    ReplyDelete
  12. please brothers and sisters where can i download original song;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lyrics seems to have changed in the new video.

    These are the new lyrics.
    Remark: My mother tongue is not English. Please correct me. :) I'm especially in doubt when it comes to "When I would worry about me, this world would bring me down".

    ---------------------------------
    This world would like to make me lonely
    I got my friends with me
    we are trying hard to help others find
    friends eternally

    When I would worry about me
    this world would bring me down
    I’m feeling better
    lifting others of the ground

    Look what I’ve found.

    I wanna know what I can do
    I wanna give what I can give
    That is the best feeling ever.
    I know this will last forever.
    I’m where I wanna be.
    This is the best life ever.

    So many good things yet to be done.
    With these two hands of mine.
    I’ll take some love and build us a bridge.
    Connects your heart to mine.

    When I would worry about me
    this world would bring me down
    I’m feeling better
    lifting others of the ground.

    Look what I found.

    I wanna know what I can do
    I wanna give what I can give
    That is the best feeling ever.
    I know this will last forever.
    It’s better than a dream
    This is the best life.

    I’m not afraid.
    Come what may.
    This kind of life gets better every day.
    Every day.
    Every way.

    I wanna live for more than me.
    I wanna give till I fell free.
    That is the best feeling ever.
    I know this will last forever.
    Come with me you’ll see.
    This is the best life ever.
    This is the best life ever.
    This is the best life ever.
    ---------------------------------

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was going to share lyrics you did wonderfully! The only correction/suggestion is "I wanna give till I feel free" but otherwise I heard exactly the same lyrics! Wonderful job! I love this song. This is the best life ever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chords and more correct lyrics:
    http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/w/watchtower/the_best_life_ever_crd.htm?utm_expid=18438345-117.Xl9Y1cGLRGGq9QYsTE9P2A.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.dk%2F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take the part about more correct lyrics back! :)

      Delete
  16. Tu propia versiĆ³n muy buena, parecida excatamente a la original, jejeje pense q la tuya era la original. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  17. Many thanks I will try to play it. May Jehovah bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :mrhamdnloanoffer@gmail.com
    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Business Loans And many More:
    Contact Us At :mrhamdnloanoffer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Say something! :)